TreeParker® Cell System
The TreeParker® Cell System is a structural soil cell system that offers the most ideal circumstances for trees to thrive beneath the pavement.
The TreeParker® system provides large volumes of non-compact high quality soil and maximises the usable space beneath the ground, providing unlimited expansion for unimpeded root growth, while supporting traffic loads at the same time. It is ideal for new trees in areas such as pavements, car parks, plazas, green roofs and even green walls.
TreeParker® offers the right solution for any challenge within the city
In addition to the key functions, such as withstanding heavy traffic loads, whilst maintaining pavement integrity and providing an unimpeded root growth, TreeParker® also promotes stormwater management within the system, dealing with rainwater runoff at source; the ideal SuDS solution.
Key elements taken into consideration for the development process were the need for simple design, easy installation, sustainability, integration of existing and new utilities, variable unit depth and free void space for soil infill.
Simplicity characterises the system. Through a simple and
smart design the TreeParker® system can be installed in
any tree planting space. It is easy to customise your tree pit
design to your needs. Each independent unit has sufficient
load-bearing capacity, which means that the units do not
need to be linked. Just shift the units into position with a
maximum spacing of 75mm. Variable heights are available.
We recommend that you use the maximum depth for
reduced space requirements (sqm) and lower costs.
A smart combination of Green, Grey and Blue
The challenges of urban tree planting are well documented from traffic loading to pavement lifting and integrating essential utilities.
Green – Root-friendly, Maximum soil volume, Water and air capacity, High Soil Quality.
Grey – Axel load of up to 15 tonnes, Utility-friendly, Pavement-friendly
Blue – Stormwater management, Biological filtering, Maintenance-free
TreeParker® Cell System Facts
- Able to withstand loads of up to 550 kPa
- Suitable for heavy traffic.
- Utility friendly
- The system can be adjusted on-site to accommodate the presence of new and exsisting utilities
- Accommodates variable heights up to 150cm
- The system’s height can be adjusted to suit the maximum required height.
- Combining root and water mangement
- The system absorbs rainwater which is then filtered in a natural way.
- Sizes Available
Benefits of the TreeParker® Cell System
- Variable system height, between 400mm and 1500mm.
- Designed to support heavy traffic loads whilst maintaining pavement integrity.
- Provides unhindered root growth for large species of trees.
- Quick and cost-effective installation and easy to fill with soil.
- Large spacing between the structure legs ensures unrestrained root-growth.
- Made from 100% recyclable, long-lasting and inert plastics.
- Modular system for design flexibility.
- Tree Parker can be installed in curves down to a 5m radius without additional products.
- Utility friendly, designed for easy utility maintenance and repair.
- Combines stormwater management and root growth, up to 25% of the volume is available for water infiltration.
- Up to 95% volume available for soil infill.
- Withstands vertical and lateral loads.
Optimising the tree pit
The TreeParker® Cell System provides additional rooting space below pavements subjected to heavy traffic loads. The system does not impose any limitations on the growing medium to be used. The applied growing media forms a continuous soil volume with natural water and air management. The soil within the system is in contact with the surrounding soil, the so-called side effect, which is important in extreme situations. TreeParker® is the most effective structural soil cell system. Up to 95 percent of the system is filled with the best available soil for the tree. This way, with a small volume, a large tree can be provided with sufficient water and nutrients.
Tested for the heaviest traffic loads
The TreeParker® Cell System consists of modular units that are strong enough to large vehicles. The forces are transferred by the road’s foundation to the underlying foundation via the system. This way the system meets the civil engineering requirements. The open space in the system is filled up with soil that is suitable for the tree. Root growth is not limited due to heavy compaction. Because the system is not completely filled with soil, there is room for the soil to expand as the root mass becomes larger.
Maximum load capacity
- TreeParker® unit 40 cm up to 550 KN/m2.
- TreeParker® unit 150cm up to 420 KN/m2.
- Evenly distributed load.
- TreeParker® units must be able to be moved freely around existing utilities. With a connected matrix of units this is not possible. Units/cells are designed and tested as stand alone (not interconnected)
Maintenance and repair
- Every unit can easily be opened and closed without damaging the integrity of the system, even when the units are connected.
No pavement lifting
- Soil settlement and -expanding within the system will not have any effect on the pavement.
- To maximize soil volume or overcome (un)foreseen obstacles the system must be adjusted to every length preferable.
- All materials are chemically inert to natural soil conditions. 100 years guarantee.