Mona Plant System Rings
It is the most efficient method of ensuring quick establishment and a healthy start for vegetation and their root development. The rings also provide a more robust solution to the watering of newly planted trees. The reservoirs surround the rootball to provide a continuous source of water.
The Mona Rings have been installed on many high-profile projects across the UK, Europe, USA and Middle East. They continue to be one of the most popular and effective solutions for tree and plant irrigation due to how resourceful they are.
Mona Plant Systems Ring Benefits
- Suitable for large tree establishment
- Perfect in large decorative planters for consistent watering
- Ideal for both interior and exterior landscaping projects
- Particularly suited in hard landscaped areas with rootball trees
- Ideal for deep planting
- A durable and robust irrigation solution
Mona Plant System Rings Specification
|Model||Internal Diameter||External Diameter||Water Volume|
Estimated Tree Watering Requirements
|Heavy Standard||Extra Heavy||Semi
transpiration rates (litres)
|Suggested first season
Mona Plant System Ring Installation
- Measure the dimensions of the rootball or planter and select the correct size Mona Ring. For bespoke sizes, please
contact the team
- Cover with growing media, ensuring there is a 150mm depth between roots/rootball and the Mona Plant System Ring
- Ensure the upright filler pipe stands proud of the nursery line/planter
- Back-fill with growing media and plant as per specification
- Fill with water until the float within the filler pipe rises to the fill level
Mona Plant System Ring: How it works
Mona tanks are filled with water via a filler pipe above the ground.
The Mona tanks act as reservoirs to hold the water.
Roots absorb water through the process of capillary action 1 as required.
A healthy rootball establishes.
|Section||Clause||NBS Clause Title|
|Q31||512||Tree pit irrigation and ventilation accessories|
|90-15-40||429||Plant and tree pit irrigation|