TreeRaft Soil is a vital component of the Sandwich TreeRaft System which is widely used in urban tree planting applications. The geocellular units of the TreeRaft System combined with TreeRaft Soil create a healthy growing space for trees in areas subject to vehicle loadings and trafficking. TreeRaft Soil works as a rootzone ensuring the structure of the growing media remains open and the correct level of water, air and nutrients are transported through the soil to the tree’s roots.
TreeRaft Soil Benefits
- Open structure of ArborRaft Soil is retained, allowing roots to grow naturally
- Essential oxygen, nutrients and water can flow freely through the growing media
- The system can be designed to fit any tree pit size, encouraging larger tree pits with less plastic
- The system prevents soil compaction and damage to the root structure, but does not restrict the natural growth of tree’s roots
- Good water holding capacity
TreeRaft Soil Applications
Areas subject to vehicle loadings and trafficking.